The First Indian Holos! - Holo Me Good Holographic Collection Review and Swatches

Hello lovelies
I have reviewed many Holographic polishes before- Dance Legend Holos, CBL Holos, China Glaze and many indie holos, but today I'm ecstatic to post this review for the first Indian Holographic Polish range- Holo Me Good Collection by La Roy!


So this holo love started recently when I received a nail mail of the Holo Me Good collection from La Roy containing six holo polishes- Bong Bae, My Holo Valentine, La Roy Soul, Mauve It Up, La Roy Gold and Holo Winter. In this exhaustive review I'll try to cover up as many aspects as I can, including the shade, undertone, holo particles, formula, etc, for each polish; Iv'e tried my best to capture the holo effect in pics and hence I'll also post a video demonstrating the effect after the review for each polish.

This review will also cover the versatility of the holos-they can stamp, water marble and even give water spot effect, so read on readers😋!
Bong Bae (001): This is a royal bright blue holo with very fine holo particles. This shade has a dark blue and a purple-ish color shift and undertone that can be easily observed around the edges of your nails. Like its sisters from the collection, this polish also has a linear holo effect rather than your usual radial effect. 




Talking about the formula the polish seems quite good, it won't flood your cuticles, neither it'll leave strokes to ruin your perfect application. To assist you, the brush is also of good quality, with long bristles for a wider covering area in one go. The only flaw I could find in the polish is the unusually long drying time, because of which I messed up my applications a few time. Please ignore the small glitter chunk on the pinky which got there because I used my top coat brush on a glitter polish earlier😓


In the pics below I've used the water spot-technique on my ring finger to get the beautiful effect.



My Holo Valentine (002): Wohoo a pink holo! But mind this its not your usual pink-its a slightly warmer pink with a sassier fuchsia-pink undertone. It has got a linear holo shift with fine holo and a dash of golden glitter.



The formula is again very comfortable to work with, and the drying time is a little long. For the ring finger I've done a water marble, YES a water marble a holo polish. Curious about the other polishes used in the water marble? So hear this- I've used the entire collection, yes the entire collection does work for water marble effect! Talk about versatility😏





La Roy Soul (003): Black holos do look elegant, need a proof? See thisss💞.. In short words- a gunmetal black base with a hell lot of holo particles to give you an amazing holo shift. Formula is great, you just have to wait for the coat to dry completely. It doesn't form that sticky layer that comes off when you try to peel off a vinyl, see for yourself, on the ring finger I had a matte black base on which I used a vinyl and this polish to get the design.





Mauve It Up (004): So 'tis a light purple, lavender mauve shade with a darker undertone. Who cares if the linear holo effect is not as strong as the others from this collection, the cute purple shade compensates adequately. 



Although I suck at freehand 👉(😵), but just to show what all can be done with these polishes, I tried a freehand floral design on a black base.





La Roy Gold (005): Aha! Just a basic gold shade with greenish-golden linear shifting effect. Its easy to obtain full opacity with this one.
Do they stamp? Oh yes they do, gloriously well🙌.






Holo Winter (006): Something was missing to complement the golds and blacks, well, here you go: a cool silver holo polish with fine holo particles scattered linearly. The medium-fine particles give the polish a cool bluish shade at an angle and a warm golden-green undertone at other angles. Although the holo effect is very difficult to capture but believe me in-person the effect is mesmerizing, especially in sunlight!



Now let us talk about the formula. The creme formula is smooth enough, its neither too runny to create a mess, nor too sticky to form streaks, but the best part- it stamps too, and that too very easily! Although I couldn't achieve full opacity in a single coat, but the pigmentation is quite high. The brush applicator is also of fine quality.




Conclusion: Holo lovers out there like me? get this Collection RIGHT NOW. I mean what else do you need when you have holo polishes with powerful linear holo effects, that stamps, perfect for water marbles, freehands, vinyling, water spot techniques and what not. 
The brush is fine with bristles comfortable to cover the cuticle area smoothly, the creme formula is so well balanced, the drying time is a little longer, but who cares about drying time when the final outcome is sooo stunning😍

I hope you like my review guys, I took a long time to compile this. Great work La Roy! Visit their website here to get your hands on this dreamy collection. Thank you lovelies for your time. See ya!

Comments

  1. Bong Bae is so pretty! Also all of them just looks super holo-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a strong holo! I love the nail art you did with them! Holo Winter is my favorite - I love a good silver holo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the nail art you did with each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Like this Amazing Nail Arts!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment