Holi (Gulal) Nails...

Hello everyone,
As we all know the festival of colors and love, Holi is here and everyone is now ready with their water guns loaded and colors ready....
Holi celebrations start with a Holika bonfire on the night before Holi where people gather, sing and dance. The next morning is a free-for-all carnival of colours, where participants play, chase and colour each other with dry powder (known as Gulal)  and coloured water, with some carrying water guns and coloured water-filled balloons for their water fight. Anyone and everyone is fair game, friend or stranger, rich or poor, man or woman, children and elders.
With a similar feeling of love and joy, today I want to share my Holi nails with you all....

Holi Nails


Observe the Powdery gulal look

For all the fingers I used the same procedure:



  • First I applied a V-shaped nail vinyl and then applied Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink #470. Then I sprinkled fine glitter sand (pink) over the wet polish.
  • Then I applied the vinyl a little lower and applied a coat of Ambika Pillai Hard Candy #20. Then I repeated the same procedure for glitter except this time I used yellow glitter sand.
  • For the last color I again applied the nail vinyl below the yellow part and painted the nails blue using Colorbar. Then I sprinkled some Blue Glitter to give it a gulal powder look:




Thank you everyone and wishing you a happy and safe Holi.

Comments

  1. Sounds like real fun. Have a great time and I love the inspiration behind your designs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment